MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Message for MyBB theme developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, you've got the first willing person here Smile
I must admit, I wouldn't pay for a theme. Mainly because I prefer to make them myself - even if they aren't as good as themes other people make, I just prefer using something I have made myself. Although I don't put up any old crap I make, though.
(2010-07-11, 03:43 PM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]I must admit, I wouldn't pay for a theme. Mainly because I prefer to make them myself - even if they aren't as good as themes other people make, I just prefer using something I have made myself. Although I don't put up any old crap I make, though.

I actually have no problem with that, in fact I can say the same thing myself for the most part. I do have a problem with people who think that "everything should be free" and have a sense of entitlement.

And for those who say they can't afford it because they are 16, or whatever, I just laugh.
(2010-07-11, 03:46 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]And for those who say they can't afford it because they are 16, or whatever, I just laugh.

Wait... what? I'm 16 and I have my own paypal account witch I manage myself and I have a $11/h job...
(2010-07-11, 04:03 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-11, 03:46 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]And for those who say they can't afford it because they are 16, or whatever, I just laugh.

Wait... what? I'm 16 and I have my own paypal account witch I manage myself and I have a $11/h job...

Correct. It's not hard to make money as a 16 year old, or 13 year old on the Internet or anywhere else. Those who say they can't afford $20 are just lazy.
(2010-07-11, 04:15 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-11, 04:03 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]

Correct. It's not hard to make money as a 16 year old, or 13 year old on the Internet or anywhere else. Those who say they can't afford $20 are just lazy.

I think people need to realize that nothing in life comes free, you always have to give something to get something weather it be money, respect, love, etc. everything has a price tag regardless.
(2010-07-11, 09:23 AM)shawn16 Wrote: [ -> ]gimi 10 years to learn that >.> lol Toungue

Dam that's the stuff i like em

Agreed!
Small things impress small minds... your so called awesome effects are easy to achieve, and many of them are default to IPB. The fact that your themes are no much more than color changes, doesn't mean all MyBB themers do the same, just saying.

The average budget for MyBB themes wouldn't allow so much time to be lost on premium theme of such superior quality, because people simply won't pay for the time you invest on it. That's at least how I see it, and why I focus on making custom themes.
(2010-07-11, 05:22 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]Small things impress small minds... your so called awesome effects are easy to achieve, and many of them are default to IPB. The fact that your themes are no much more than color changes, doesn't mean all MyBB themers do the same, just saying.
Just curious, who is that directed to?

(2010-07-11, 05:22 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]The average budget for MyBB themes wouldn't allow so much time to be lost on premium theme of such superior quality, because people simply won't pay for the time you invest on it. That's at least how I see it, and why I focus on making custom themes.

That's true. But the way I see it, a premade skin shop might add as a portfolio for custom skins. I'd rather my skin be sold for what its worth to a few larger communities than almost nothing to lots of little ones.
(2010-07-11, 04:31 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I think people need to realize that nothing in life comes free, you always have to give something to get something weather it be money, respect, love, etc. everything has a price tag regardless.

MyBB is free isn't it? Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3