MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: multiple fid's for the portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey, need some help with the code for the portal.php
i'm trying to make it so that it shows threads for multiple forums, (not just fid=1, but something like fid=1+2+3 ) is that possible? if so, can someone help me out?
thanks,
t
It's possible, you have to modify a bit of the permissions and queries in the portal.php. If you can wait for 1.2, I think the feature is built in. (I'm assuming you're talking about the announcements list)
No, not the announcements list.
I have like a forum for "General news", "Website news", and "subject specific news", and a I want them to be on the portal.

Isn't 1.2 a bit away though?
Awsome. Thanks
Is there a way to limit the number of words shown, and to have a "read more" link?
There isn't a built in feature that allows you to limit the number of words, so you'll probably have to hack it in.

Sorry, this may be a new feature they might add, if they don't I'll try to get them to add it. Smile
Hm... okay, well, is there anyone who could provide the hack? or information on how to make the hack?
Thanks.
You can try and look in the Code Modifications forum or at MyBB Mods.