MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachment question..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this can generally be fixed by increasing the attachment file size, but is it possible to have the message appear if you're trying to upload a photo over the allowed attachment size and not erase the entire message?

buddy of mine was trying to post some photos of his car on a forum I'm running and the attachment limit for .jpg was still set to 500kb and he typed a long post and when the attachment limit returned the error, it wiped out his entire post. needless to say, he was pretty mad.

I now increased the .jpg and .jped max file size to 5mb, but it's still an annoyance.
Doesn't remove the message I've typed for me... test it on these forums.

Happy birthday by the way Smile
(2010-07-11, 09:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't remove the message I've typed for me... test it on these forums.

Happy birthday by the way Smile

would there be something missing in the templates then? I'm using a custom theme on my forums.

and thanks. Cool
Make sure the editpost/newreply/newthread templates have {$message} inside the textarea tag, like this:

<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>
(2010-07-12, 06:11 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the editpost/newreply/newthread templates have {$message} inside the textarea tag, like this:

<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>

looks like they all do.
Press the back button after the error message instead of pressing the new thread button.