MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Email Someone When Their Thread Has Been Commented On?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In vBulliten or something, they have an automatic subscribe system. So whenever they have a thread that has been commented on, they are emailed. They can also unsubscribe from the thread. This makes it so people return to there threads. Is there a plugin or setting for this?

Thank-you so much!!

Macdonjo
MyBB comes with this feature:
[Image: capture.png]
Look on the right under the New Thread button.
I just seen the "Subscribe to this thread" at the bottom of every thread. So I guess my question is, is there a plugin or easy mod that I can do so they subscribe to their own threads automatically?
You can do it in the UserCP.
(2010-07-12, 12:34 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]You can do it in the UserCP.

You guys arn't understanding the marketing method. Never studied it?

My plan.
Whats happening: People are making a thread with a good question, they exit there browser, forget the forum (dont check history or anything) or they just forget.
How to fix it: Email people when there threads are updated. FORCE IT TO HAPPEN.

So I am looking to make this happen, not make them choose the option. I can't beleive nobody has made this plugin? Why wants to lose members? Digital Point with the stats of:
Threads: 1,752,142 Posts: 13,643,732 Members: 369,208 Active Members: 57,880

So, its obvious that the techniques that they use work.

I REALLY CAN'T BELIVE, that this hasn't been developed for MyBB yet. MyBB has all the transfer to MyBB stuff but they need to compete with it now. There HAS TO BE this option.
You can do this by simply editing the HTML in the member_register template.
(2010-07-12, 12:58 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this by simply editing the HTML in the member_register template.

And?
And what?
Well, what is the code? I am sorry but I don't study this.
You're not understanding the HTML? Never studied it?
Pages: 1 2