MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help! Can register, but can't log in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I have set up a forum using mybb. The forum is freely hosted. I can regist users and log in through the activation email. But when I log out and try to log in through the login link on the index.php page, it said
'You have successfully been logged in.
You will now be taken back to where you came from.

Click here if you don't want to wait any longer'

And when I was taken back to the index page, it displayed that I didn't log in and asked me to login again.

What's the problem? Anyone can help? Thanks
Try clearing your cache and cookies.
Who's service are you using (freely hosted? the only 2 i know about aren't running)
Please make sure that the cookie domain and the cookie path are correct. See this thread for details.

Please clear your cache and your cookies after changing the settings.
My forum is hosted by frihost.com
I have followed the instructions and configured my cookie settings accordingly and then cleared the cache. But I still can't log in.
what's the problem?
Did you clear your cookies? You need to clear your cookies, not cache when you change cookie settings.

Please provide a URL to your board.

Regards,
Chris
This is the url to my forum: http://zhlneverland.co.nr/forum
How to clear the cookies? Is it from IE-->tools-->internet options-->delete cookies ?
zhangleisk Wrote:This is the url to my forum: http://zhlneverland.co.nr/forum
How to clear the cookies? Is it from IE-->tools-->internet options-->delete cookies ?
Yes, that is the correct way to clear your cookies using IE.
Your cookie domain and path should also be set at:

Domain: .zhlneverland.co.nr

Path: /forum/

Regards,
Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:Your cookie domain and path should also be set at:

Domain: .zhlneverland.co.nr

Path: /forum/

Regards,
Chris

Thank you very much.
zhlneverland.co.nr is a free domain name I got to use it to redirect to my subdomain to zhlneverland.frih.net, i.e, zhlneverland.co.nr/forum will lead to zhlneverland.frih.net/forum

When installing, I set the cookie domain into .zhlneverland.frih.net and the the Path to /forum/. but when I access the forum, I used the link zhlneverland.co.nr/forum, so I should change the cookie domain into .zhlneverland.co.nr, right? Because when I tried to access the forum throught zhlneverland.frih.net/forum, I found that I could log in.
It's so strange. What exactly does the cookie domain work? If i still want to access my forum throught zhlneverland.co.nr/forum, where can I modify the cookie domain information without reinstall? Is there any file that contains all the setting?
when I log out and try to log in through the login link on the index.php page, it said
'You have successfully been logged in.
You will now be taken back to where you came from.

Click here if you don't want to wait any longer'
i can see my admin panel but not forum.
i made ur advice from above replies again, again, .... everything is ok. but im not login.
is there any kind of advice ?

MY forum is freely hosted. I can regist users by administrator activation .

how can activate them ?
Pages: 1 2