MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone interested in this domain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't get why people buy domains then try and sell them hours later. They're never going to be worth more than reg fee because there are no backlinks at all. Observe:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sourc...q=&gs_rfai=
(2010-07-14, 05:10 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]Well the domain is much older than that. I picked it up of a just dropped list so it was only free for a day or two. :p

With no backlinks, and the fact that you just obtained it yourself, I highly doubt you'll get more than $30 out of it.

I'll be surprised if you get more than the regular price for it, even.
(2010-07-14, 08:26 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get why people buy domains then try and sell them hours later. They're never going to be worth more than reg fee because there are no backlinks at all. Observe:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sourc...q=&gs_rfai=

(2010-07-14, 08:28 PM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-14, 05:10 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]Well the domain is much older than that. I picked it up of a just dropped list so it was only free for a day or two. :p

With no backlinks, and the fact that you just obtained it yourself, I highly doubt you'll get more than $30 out of it.

I'll be surprised if you get more than the regular price for it, even.

As I said, I'm not in a big rush to sell this. It's just going to sit there for now so I figured somebody around here might be interested, hence the post. I may end up developing it or something down the road if nobody wants it, but I'm not doing anything with it right now. If you're not interested, you're not interested, no big deal.
(2010-07-14, 08:28 PM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be surprised if you get more than the regular price for it, even.

Between still being available in every other TLD (aside from .net), not having backlinks, and being registered for less than a day ("picked up from the drop list" is moot, lack of backlinks doesn't really make that special), I'm gonna have to agree with you there.

RPicard: I recommend slapping WordPress on there, writing some articles about coding (PHP, C, whatever), getting people to link to you, establishing a PR, then selling the site as a whole in a few months.

You had another domain sale thread somewhere (clean registration, no PR), can't find it. I recommend doing the same with that domain too.
I'm not looking for advice. Just thought I'd see if anyone would like to use the domain. It seems like the kind of thing people around here would use. I'm well aware that it doesn't have value in stats.
Pages: 1 2