MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests and Members Hide and Show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was wondering if there was an easy, quick way of showing something only to guests and hiding to users, and vice versa.

if guest { code }

If there is not an easy way, can someone show me or direct me to a tutorial on how to manage templates.

All I need here is a way to manage my code so only certain people can see.

Thanks everyone,
Mike
Hide what? Pages, text, forums? If all you want to do is hide some forums you can do that by editing permissions.
No easy way really. You can either edit the core files or make a plugin. You can't do it by template mostly except maybe the header where there is a seperate member and guest header.
That's only for memberlist.
(2010-07-12, 09:22 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]That's only for memberlist.

Only one I could think of that hid members Toungue
Thanks for your help guys.
(2010-07-12, 01:54 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Hide what? Pages, text, forums? If all you want to do is hide some forums you can do that by editing permissions.
I intend to hide code.

Labrocca (been a long time lad, how are you?), how would you recommend I go about making a plugin. Are there tutorials? I know php, I just don't really know how to make plugins.
(2010-07-12, 01:21 PM)Audentio Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help guys.
(2010-07-12, 01:54 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Hide what? Pages, text, forums? If all you want to do is hide some forums you can do that by editing permissions.
I intend to hide code.

Labrocca (been a long time lad, how are you?), how would you recommend I go about making a plugin. Are there tutorials? I know php, I just don't really know how to make plugins.

Wonder if it is possible to put the code in a quote ( or something similar ) and then make it so guests or whatever can or cannot cant see the quoted or whatever text? Something along those lines. Next best idea may be to have a section for each user group?

BTW.. Good to see you. Smile