MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What does an admin panel do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i am building my website on php. It is not forum related, but i am going to make an Admin CP.

However since it is not a forum i really need suggestions at what it will do.
I like the admin panel for :
Concrete5
and
Drupal

Maybe download those and install them to check them out?
I don't work with CMS. I like coding my own website Wink
If you don't need to perform any admin actions then there's no reason for one. What will your site be functioning as?
Well, it is a "secret" but it will need management. So i was wondering on what features the admin panel will need?
Dumb question. Just add what you want if it's your own panel.
It depends on what you need to manage, doesn't it? For instance, my website's admin panel manages administrators, system settings, add-ons, pages, menu items, affiliates, downloads, screenshots, videos, comments, and assets (images, stylesheets, etc). But you wouldn't necessarily need any of that in your admin panel if that's not what you need to manage... Wink
My blog a few versions ago didn't have an Admin Panel. I entered all posts using phpMyAdmin. Toungue

Generally, you'd throw stuff in there that the general public can't use. Like Posting News, Adding Content, Managing Users, etc. etc.