MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB RPG System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So I started messing around last night to see how hard it would be and surprisingly it was extremely simple. Right now the working name is MyRPG but I figured that will change to something a bit more creative once I get a beta released.

I've only got the character creation and user profile setup right now but considering I've only been working on it for a few hours I am happy with the progress.

My goal was to make a completely customizable system so even the classes and races can be altered and I am utilizing the language files as much as possible for even easier customization (and to allow for ease of translation).

I will hopefully be getting some designers to assist with graphics but for now I've attached some screenshots of what I have right now. This will be my biggest project ever attempted so wish me luck! Big Grin

EDIT 7/13: I've polished up the character page and added the ability to add stat and skill points. I've also added a handful of other things but I will start creating a change log to save time. New screenshot attached.

DEMO : http://www.jmd.cc/myrpg.php
You must release this!!! I so need it.
@ Joe - That looks awesome. I can't wait to see more.
So... Awesome!! =D do want!!
At first I wanted to do something basic for myself, but then after realizing how easy it is I decided I wanted to make an RPG system that was completely different from any other RPG system I've used because all RPG systems are limited to a specific setting (fantasy, sci-fi, japan, etc...) so with this system you can run anything from Dungeons and Dragons to Star Wars if you wanted to with only the admin area being the same for all of them. I've got some graphic designers who do free work for me for commercial projects so I hope to have some awesome base graphics to use.
God my friend is bugging me to host a D/D site for his local team, so this would be awesome.
Well it won't be like a real D&D RPG but I will try to make it very similar. Wink
Screenshot added and put a demo up on my site for those who want to check out what I have so far...

http://demo.jmd.cc/myrpg.php
I've heard of people trying "real D&D" over forums before and the DM reads all their messages, rolls the dice, and tells them what happened. It plays a bit slow - like chess over email. A group skype chat would work much better to provide the real time element and at the same time the forum will still be a good place to have all the information posted for record. (in fact it would be a great chronicle of the journey/game too)

I like your idea though. Keep it coming.
My RPG system will not be like that though, it will be an actual game on the forum. I will have it setup so it can be played multiplayer (group battles/quests and trading) or single player. The battle system will be fairly simple and the experience will be based on level of the character and level of the mob and the mobs can be created by the forum owner and customized however they want (I will include a small base game of classes, races, items, locations, quests, and mobs for ideas).

If you would like to see a system for storing and recording character sheets or for an online table top experience I can easily take what work I have currently done and port it over to D&D 3.5 or 4.0 if anybody wants (there is already a nice dice roller plugin although I don't know if it's secure or not that would work nicely with a character sheet plugin). I have already set up this plugin so that character sheets can be viewed by other members of the forum.
@Joe
I would love to see your character storage system. I have been looking for a way to do that; we run 3.5, 4.0 and Pathfinder.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10