MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I receive an email each time someone registers/posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm wondering how I can setup the forum so I receive an email whenever someone registers/posts or replies to a thread?

Thanks everyone,
Jack
You'd need a plugin, by default the most you can do is subscribe to a forum to get alerts of threads, and subscribe automatically to threads you post in.
I see, thanks very much. Is this feature not popular enough to make it to the software?

Regards,
Jack
People have requested it but there are reasons it's not been added; not only because we can't implement all requests and other features have had a higher priority than this, but it would be a great tool for spammers to slow down the server with emails. If, say, 10 spam bots subscribed to all forums to get emails of all new threads and all new replies, the forum could have to send hundreds or thousands of emails a day; it could very quickly exceed the hourly limits some hosts impose, and mean legitimate users couldn't get their emails. As it currently is you have to manually subscribe to a forum and manually subscribe to a thread, unless you post in it, so spam bots wouldn't do this as much.

At least that's always been my reasoning when people ask this.

Missed the bit about an email for new registrations though, this plugin does that: http://mods.mybb.com/view/email-about-new-members
Hi, can i also use this plugin to see if there are new posts on the server?
Thanks for your reply. That's a good reason actually. I guess I will just have to manually check every morning.

Thanks,
Jack