MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tweep About
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, my website that is running mybb is called Tweep About, www.tweepabout.com. We are a general discussion forum that is always ready for a good chat. We also have a spam section, approved by the boxxy lover himself, CAwesome, who administrates the forum with me (along with dhfola).

I am using custom themes that I designed myself. The default theme is a grassy theme, but users may select from a weird purple one, an 'underwater' one and another named 'Tweep Waterfall'. I'd really appreciate some feedback - these are my first "proper" themes - I made another one, but it was pretty shocking, if I was to be honest.

But what sets us apart from many other 'general' forums is that we now actually have a pretty cool reason to join. We are now operating an internet radio station that goes along by the name of 'ONM:Live'. Users may apply for either guest slots, or even permanent slots, where they may broadcast to other users who can tune in and listen. For this we are using a wordpress blog, which can be accessed by going www.onmlive.com. We are using the forums for the discussion, and most of the organisation, of the radio, though.

There is one slight flaw in the plan. It's all very well having an online radio station. But without users to broadcast on it, it is all a bit pointless. And this is where you come in! From the radio schedule (http://fm.tweepabout.com/radio-schedule/), you may see that there are many empty slots, which are open to anyone and everyone to broadcast on.

Feedback would be appreciated, and I'll hopefully see you around.

Thanks.
A spam section approved by CAwesome! Wow now I must really join. To be honest I don't see a future in this forum. What is this aimed at? In my experience General Forums never did will but hopefully your radio might change that. Also the themes are all right but could be better.
Who is using the Arnold Rimmer avatar? That person is awesome.
Thanks for the feedback.

(2010-07-12, 09:47 PM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]Who is using the Arnold Rimmer avatar? That person is awesome.
That would be The Captain, who is paying for the radio. He is awesome. Big Grin

(2010-07-12, 08:48 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]A spam section approved by CAwesome! Wow now I must really join. To be honest I don't see a future in this forum. What is this aimed at? In my experience General Forums never did will but hopefully your radio might change that.
Yeah, I hope so - the radio does offer something different to the community.

(2010-07-12, 08:48 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]Also the themes are all right but could be better.
Could you please elaborate?

Feedback would be still appreciated. Smile
No interesting content, no vision or particular subject, theme that's pretty painful on the eyes ... why did you create this forum? Serious question. I want to know your rationale here.

It's good to be back.
(2010-07-13, 08:26 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]No interesting content, no vision or particular subject, theme that's pretty painful on the eyes
Could you please explain what you don't like about the theme?

(2010-07-13, 08:26 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]... why did you create this forum? Serious question. I want to know your rationale here.
Okay, I can appreciate you not generally approving of general discussion forums. I actually can't remember what made me start the community, but once I paired up with ONM:Live things actually started to kick off and work, and that gave the forum a bit more of an aim.

(2010-07-13, 08:26 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]It's good to be back.

Re: theme: ugly, too-bright colours without the use of a complimentary colour. Bright green and white is hard to read for an extended period of time. You tiled the same texture everywhere and it's too detailed to be used so broadly. I also don't connect "general discussion" with "pixelated grass".

The on/off icons are pretty ugly, and all the buttons are nearly illegible because of the green on green. I'm curious to think why you don't think it's bad; I'd love to see some examples of what you consider good design in order to understand your rationale.

I'm not entirely against general discussion forums, but my philosophy is this.

1) Do something original.
2) Do something that's been done, but do it better than everyone else.

If you just want a board for you and your friends to hang out, fine. But since you posted it in the Showcase -- that is, you're showing it off -- I can assume that's not the case. This isn't an original board, nor is it the best.
When I'm at the portal, I can't go to the index because the navigation link leads to /portal.php for some odd reason...
(2010-07-15, 02:50 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]When I'm at the portal, I can't go to the index because the navigation link leads to /portal.php for some odd reason...

The portal is the index. You should click "Forum".