MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Installing MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully installed MyBB on one forum, but am having trouble on another.

On the other forum, I simply uploaded the "install" (which I renamed to forum) folder with the MyBB files via FTP to the server, created the MySQL server, and went to www.<forumname>.com/forum/install/index.php and was able to run the MyBB installer and get the forum running.

I am setting up another site on 0000free.com. I have also uploaded the same file via FTP, but when I go to www.<forumname>.0sites.net:2082/forum/install/index.php or www.<forumname>.0sites.net/forum/install/index.php I get a 404 Not found error.

Unlike the working site, where the server only had an index.html file to begin with, the new site already has several non-deletable directories including "mail", "public_ftp", "public_html", "tmp", and "www".

I'm thinking maybe I need to put the MyBB files in one of those.
Any suggestions? Huh

If someone wants to take a closer look I would gladly let you log into the cPanel there as I have nothing uploaded yet
You don't just upload the install folder, you need all the files in the Upload folder... files will need to go in the public_html folder.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have uploaded the entire install folder. I re-uploaded it this time to the public_html folder but am still getting the error. Do i need to remove the files that were already in that folder? Or do some of the files have to be moved somewhere else?

At first after the change I got a 403 Forbidden so I thought that a CHMOD would fix everything, but then I just got the same 404 not found again
You need to upload the entire contents of the Upload folder, not just the install folder.
Sorry again I must not be thinking....I have uploaded the entire Upload folder.

I also tried moving the Upload folder within the forum folder in public_html (seeing as it was the only link I tried that didn't give me an error), and going to the Upload folder from within there gives me a 500 internal server error
What's your URL??
http://frontierville.0sites.net/

It shows up as a blank page though because nothing is installed yet
For the record, I just tried the same exact process on another cPanel hosting and got to the MyBB installation fine. So something is different/not working with this one
Hi,

When I try to browse to your url's install folder or the index.php file it brings up a 500 error. I would recommend contacting your host if you're sure you've uploaded the correct files to the correct place. Also make sure all the files are chmod'ed correctly.

For the blank page issue make sure you haven't got any index.html file as well as MyBB's index.php file.