MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Learning PHP...any tips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you want to learn more than just php in the long run maybe signing up for lynda.com would be good for you.
(2010-07-13, 04:42 AM)kyleowen Wrote: [ -> ]Only issue with books like that is...that just not the type of learner I am. Can't really pick up from books very good.
I would recommend watching the youtube channel I posted then.
Well, as I just learned the basic stuff only about a year ago and have moved on to more complex things. I wrote tutorials on my site, aimed at beginners. They were written for my girlfriend (who is terrible at coding), and i posted them on my forum Smile Most of the tutorials have been verified by Another PHP programmer, so i can assure you they all work Toungue

Otherwise:
This book. I have the vb.net version and its very good Smile I once borrowed the PHP one from my teacher when I was learning and it was great from what I remember (Was on edition 3 then I think)
(2010-07-13, 06:59 AM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-13, 04:42 AM)kyleowen Wrote: [ -> ]Only issue with books like that is...that just not the type of learner I am. Can't really pick up from books very good.
I would recommend watching the youtube channel I posted then.

Already did, feel smarter already Toungue Thanks, to all you you.
Time and patience is a necessity when learning a program language. I have been developing with PHP for almost three years now, and I still learn something new every month. PHP is definitely not something you can master within a few months time. It takes years of work.
Would you give any tips or suggestions on how to learn php and how you learned Smile

Regards
Praveer
http://tizag.com

Thats where i learnt. They are good.
Thanks for the link. Will visit it soon.

Regards
Praveer
Pages: 1 2