MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Merge Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to merge similar threads in mybb, i tried a lot but failed. everytime its showing the message

" The URL for the thread to be merged seems to be invalid or empty. Please copy the exact URL into the textbox. Please go back and try again."

I pasted the full url inclusing http and www, tried without these , all failed. anybody please help.
Well, you go into the thread that you want to merge - then enter the URL that you want to merge the thread with.

Remember, you need the URL of the other thread you want to merge with...
(2010-07-13, 08:02 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you go into the thread that you want to merge - then enter the URL that you want to merge the thread with.

Remember, you need the URL of the other thread you want to merge with...

tried this, but showing the message invalid url Sad
Using Google SEO?? You need the MyBB version of the URL; this may have been fixed in a more recent version of the plugin actually.
FYI: I have found out that merging after a search doesn't work if the thread URL you copy includes the search results highlight code. You must remove that portion from the URL to do a successful merge.
(2010-07-13, 05:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Using Google SEO?? You need the MyBB version of the URL; this may have been fixed in a more recent version of the plugin actually.

no, google seo not using, but using another plugin " SEO Links! "