MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm planning on designing a forum network, based on the domain part "Gear".

I have my first forum currently running "RuneGear", I have already purchased another domain, "HaloGear".

I want to think of your opinions of forum networks, what to do and what not to do, and more.

- The Elite
I can't speak from experience, but it's usually better to just start one forum, then "Network" once you've got a large userbase that will want to flock over to your new forums.
I agree with CAwesome.

Work on RuneGear, make it really good. Then once you have a solid userbase (at lease 100+) then you can make another one. Once you have about 400 members on each, I think it would be safe to go and make another one. Once you have three, you may want to consider a network website which is like the head for all of them.
(2010-07-16, 05:28 AM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with CAwesome.

Work on RuneGear, make it really good. Then once you have a solid userbase (at lease 100+) then you can make another one. Once you have about 400 members on each, I think it would be safe to go and make another one. Once you have three, you may want to consider a network website which is like the head for all of them.

I'm obviously not starting the forum yet, but securing a domain would never hurt.
If your like me, you get a domain named after your online nickname, and buy a few exstentions of it. Make one a decent forum, the other your soon to be network head. Until then make it a usefull reasource for searching your sites via google CSE.
(2010-07-17, 05:10 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]If your like me, you get a domain named after your online nickname, and buy a few exstentions of it. Make one a decent forum, the other your soon to be network head. Until then make it a usefull reasource for searching your sites via google CSE.

I own 3 domains at the moment, I already know what my Network Forum Head domain will be, quite a good game as well.