MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Won't Email.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forums doesn't email.

When people request password recovery, they don't receive an email. My contact page also can't send emails, only PMs.

Help please?
Try to use better thread titles in future so we have some idea what the thread is about Smile

Run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
(2010-07-13, 10:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Try to use better thread titles in future so we have some idea what the thread is about Smile

Run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Sorry, ok.

I did that, I went to the directory, uploaded, etc. I went to my link, runegear.net/php.php . I set the correct email, gives me this:

Mail was sent by PHP

I check my email, there's nothing.

I contacted my host, they never set up my mail DNS.

*facepalm*

I'll post here in an hour stating if it works and if it doesn't. Thank you for the quick help, I appreciate it highly.
Yep, it's still not working.
if php mail doesnt work for you try and use gmail smtp, it works with mybb.
here is a tutorial on how to setup gmail, if you were interested http://community.mybb.com/thread-64464.h...ight=gmail
Yeah there's nothing we can do about it then unfortunately if that test either fails or you don't get the mail, as that test isn't being influenced by MyBB... either poke your host again or see if they've setup SMTP as detailed above.