MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Points Systems: Where are we at?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been gone from MyBB for about a year and I remember support for different points systems dropping on and off constantly. So can someone tell me what's the status of point plugins? I need one for my next project but I don't want to get one that isn't full-featured or supported (as I plan on hiring some custom plugin work).

Thanks!
Lots of members seem to like Pirata Nervo's NewPoints system.
The oldest is the greatest though, MyPS by Labrocca.
What makes MyPS the greatest? No hate on Labrocca, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of features there.
That was my opinion. It depends what you are looking for. I wanted a simple points system, and that was perfect. It has the standard donate option, appears on postbit and profile and comes with statistics. No need for the bank and attachment cost ect..
Newpoints is great if you want to have tons of features. If you just need a counter, really, MyPS is the best.
Well, as I said in the OP that I need something full-featured and will be hiring someone to extend upon it, it seems NewPoints is where it's at right now. Thanks.
lemme know what you need maybe i can help

pm me
Newpoints is actively developed and it's what I would recommend for now. If I ever get the time to make MYPS 2.0 maybe that will change.
NewPoints have many tons of features.
MyPS has good and reliability performance.

Depend on you..
Small and Medium Forum, use NewPoints more attractive
For Big and Profesional Forum, use MyPS.
(2010-07-14, 01:36 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]NewPoints have many tons of features.
MyPS has good and reliability performance.

Depend on you..
Small and Medium Forum, use NewPoints more attractive
For Big and Profesional Forum, use MyPS.

Actually when it comes to performance I can assure you that NewPoints is better than MyPS.
When it comes to queries, I tried to make sure most of the queries used to add/remove points to users are run on shutdown - that is they're executed after the page has been displayed to the user so the user does not notice any slow downs.
Plus, I try to cache everything as possible in order to use less resources on the fly.
Also before it runs any code part of any feature, it makes sure the feature is enabled, otherwise it does not run any code to make sure disabled features do not cause slowdowns.

The same applies to the Shop plugin for NewPoints. Items are first cached and then displayed on postbit to make sure only one query is executed because of the items and not one per post - this happens with a lot of plugins unfortunately.
Pages: 1 2