MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I edit the registration email?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible and where to edit the registration emails.

The one I need to edit is..

xxxx,

Thank you for registering on xxxxxx Forums. Below is your username and the randomly generated password. To login to xxxxxxxxxx Forums, you will need these details.

Username: xxxx
Password: xxxx

It is recommended you change your password immediately after you login. You can do this by going to your User CP then clicking Change Password on the left menu.

Thank you,
xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks!
ACP>Configuration>languages>edit language variables>member.lang.php

not sure about that last one, but there are the language files
(2010-07-14, 03:41 PM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]ACP>Configuration>languages>edit language variables>member.lang.php

not sure about that last one, but there are the language files

I've looked in ACP>Configuration>languages>edit language variables>member.lang.php

but it does not have the wording for Thank you for registering on Computer Planet Forums. Below is your username and the randomly generated password. To login to Computer Planet Forums, you will need these details.

it has just about everything else. I've also gone to view source and searched.
Maybe messages.lang.php
Tried that but no :-(
The phrase "randomly generated password" only seems to be in those 2 files.

I checked with agent ransack..
Don't know where you're looking but it's definitely in messages.lang.php, line 131:

$l['email_randompassword'] = "{1},

Thank you for registering on {2}. Below is your username and the randomly generated password. To login to {2}, you will need these details.

Username: {3}
Password: {4}

It is recommended you change your password immediately after you login. You can do this by going to your User CP then clicking Change Password on the left menu.

Thank you,
{2} Staff";