MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I don't understand.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When people openly admit to attacking servers. Do they actually think that you can't be traced? Like if you anger the wrong people, there is nobody, i mean nobody that can't find you. Granted it may take a very long time, but you could be found. And then court. At some point i can quite well see proxies become a way off refusing arrest, which would lead to more charges, almost guaranteeing jail time or time in a youth correctional facilities.

Anyone shed light on it?

*btw i'm not talking about the people on forums that say, "oh hai i be a haxxorz." i'm talking about people who brag about hacking a server and post links and proof they did it.
I was once a mod on a site, that eventually opened up a hacking subforum. A mod joined the team who openly hacked credit cards and servers and such. One day he just stopped coming online. No goodbyes or anything. I expect he was caught. He always said he used XX's of SOCKS proxies and he'd "never be caught".
I put computer knowledge at four levels.

(Dumb people side)

Level 1. Social networking and face book only, can't even spell "you" right, they have to spell it like "u" like its the law.

Level 2. People who think they can hack anything and think if you can hack your smart, but they are very dumb, those are the people you are describing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level 3. People who are serious about programing and such and trying hard to learn.

Level 4. Programmers, designers etc...

(Smart people side)

See what I mean?
yup, i would class myself as 3 Smile
(2010-07-14, 09:43 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]yup, i would class myself as 3 Smile

So would I, I think that the majority of this forum is 3 and 4, I would hope. Smile
You are missing the class of people who can hack, are serious about programming, and are designers. They do exist. There are whitehats.
You can't compare it like that you got two groups:

The white hat programmers and the black hat programmers. Than you also got a gray hat who practice both or one a little more.
(2010-07-14, 10:53 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You can't compare it like that you got two groups:

The white hat programmers and the black hat programmers. Than you also got a gray hat who practice both or one a little more.

Which still doesn't relate to the OP. Which is why do people openly admit to doing illegal activies. Its like this stupid kid i know who has her facebook pic her drinking a beer. She looks like shes 12, even though she is 14. Like plain view doctine search could apply. I don't think its ever been tried but it makes sense, and could give reason for you house to be searched. Likewise with admitting to that. It could give reason for the applicable law enforcement to search your computer.
Because they are stupid and naive. They think that they are so good that the government can never trace them back. That's why nothing more Toungue.
Boxxy hax0rd the interwebz and has yet to be found.

Hacking is pointless. I used to get involved a lot with developing hack tools in Director Lingo and C++ for an online game called TerraWorld, that was until Belgium police contacted me with a warning explaining that any further hacking related actions would result in international criminal punishments. At the end of the day, you have your kids who use the tools that do no serious harm, but if you physically reverse engineer a product to damage their server, you will eventually be caught.
Pages: 1 2