MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turn off PC via phone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have work to do, but i will be away for a few days. I was thinking of leaving the PC on and using a VNC,TeamViewer-like program to control it via phone.
But since things might not work out with the program i need a sure kill way to power off the PC.

I was thinking maybe apache has some handler to do this or maybe another program that acts like a server and i type the address in the web browser in the phone, and the PC shuts off.

Is there such a way(i mean a 100% working way)?
What phone?
I think there is team viewer for the iPhone if that's what you mean.
It's a symbian s60v5 device. I have a program to control pc, but i need one for 100% ability to power off the pc when i need to
(2010-07-15, 01:20 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]It's a symbian s60v5 device. I have a program to control pc, but i need one for 100% ability to power off the pc when i need to

I wish you said Iphone (For once a plus) They have a good VNC mod that allows you to do that. Imho go post on Ubuntuforums, i'm sure someone there has the answer.
Well it isn't Ubuntu either. It's Windows, Windows 7 to be exact
(2010-07-15, 01:31 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Well it isn't Ubuntu either. It's Windows, Windows 7 to be exact

Hasn't stopped them before to be honest. Just ask in the community Cafe.
If you can connect via your phone why not turn it off via the program used to control the PC?
Because i want to have a fail-safe in case the program is laggy or any failure that might occur with it
Do you use Outlook by chance? You can keep Outlook running and setup a rule so that if it receives an e-mail with a specific message it will run a program. You can then create a simple command script to power off your PC and have it ran by Outlook.
Pages: 1 2