MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RE: My site is down, again! But it's a myBB error!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Your information in the config.php file has to be wrong? Thats the only thing I know that could be causing the problem.
About a week ago I changed the CHMOD to 777, because that's what the system health thing in Admin CP said I should do. Is that bad?
Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team
(2010-07-15, 04:30 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team

My host is VERY unstable and is down quite a bit, could this be the cause?
Yes I would deff look for another host in that case. I could suggest my host finerhosting.com I host quest a few sites with them. Been good thus 4 months with no noticeable downtime.

I dont know if this is ok with the staff? If not then remove it. Just a friendly suggestions and I am not affiliated with finerhosting.com in any way.
Yes, If your host is unstable, take file and database backups and switch to another host.