MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please help me in installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made a new sub domain i.e. forums.mysite.com and then downloaded mybb software. After that i extract it and uploaded the Upload folder in public_html/forums/upload.

Then i tried to browse a url i.e. forums.mysite.com/install but its not working. What's the problem. please help me soon
Using forums as a subdomain won't work instantly, you have to create that as a subdomain. You'd ened to go to mysite.com/forums/upload/install
No Matt.
He's pointing to the wrong place

@OP: Move all the files in the upload folder into the main forums folder you have. Then go to yoursubdomain.yourdomain.com/install and run the installer.
Which one is correct???
Please can anyone tell me in steps. That might be helpful for me.

Thanks
You said in your first post that you put the files into public_html/forums/upload which would mean your current install URL is mysite.com/forums/upload/install, which is why the one you tried first didn't work. But yes, you shouldn't keep the files in the upload folder, you should move them into the forums folder so your install URL would be mysite.com/forums/install. forums.mysite.com won't work unless you've setup a subdomain, have you done that??
Yes, i setup the subdomain i.e forums.mysite.com

I move all my files from public_html/forums/upload to public_html/forums/

Then i tried to run forums.mysite.com/install but failed again. Did i tried good or something going wrong?
What is your actual URL??
Sent you Via PM
You didn't say you were getting a 500 error. Very helpful if we can have detailed descriptions of what the problem actually is so we don't have to guess.

A 500 is a very generic error, it could be caused by any number of things. Check the server logs and see if there's anything useful there.
sent you error list.. check them.. i don't know about them
Pages: 1 2