MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What's a good web host for MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I apologise if this thread is in the wrong place and/or not the type of thing you wanted posted on this site. I search, checked the Wiki and the FAQ and didn't find what I was after.

My question is pretty simple. What is the best web host for MyBB?

I'm here asking because my 200-member free-forum was one of 43,000 that was deleted without warning a little over 24 hours ago. I used iPBFree, and for reasons unknown, that host has collapsed and everything is lost and is never coming back.

Fortunately enough for me, I acted fast. Creating a free-forum on a different host and redirecting my domain there so that my users would have a way of finding out what's going on. To my surprise, the fact that my site was quoted as a source of info on a number of Twitter, Yahoo! Answers and other pages, I had an influx of iPBFree refugees join me on the free-forum, including a number of the iPBFree admins, and the site has become an unofficial refuge for any and all such people to regroup with their communities and decide what to do and where to go now.

I give you this background as my community has chosen MyBB. We hope to move here ASAP, but first I obviously need to purchase some web hosting to hold the software.

I ask, what is a good amount of space for MyBB? 25GB? 200GB? Unlimited? My forum has plans to expand a lot, and I also want to host a MediaWiki on it as well, so what would be the best web host for my needs?

I do hope someone can help me. I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers and thanks, Reece.