MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Transferring MyBB 1.4 to a New server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I recently bought a domain name and my host required me to make a new website to use it. (I can't change my other sites domain.)

So I tried transferring MyBB over. I transferred the files and the database and changed the config file, and everything seems to be working, but when I try logging into the site it brings me to my host's 404 message. I tried also tried clicking on my username on a post to go to my profile and the same thing happened.

And I can log into ACP fine.

I think it may be because my first server of MyBB was located in the root folder since I didn't need anything else on the site. When I transfered it I put it in a forum folder. But I could be wrong.
Instead of paying for new hosting, why couldn't you have just asked your host to change the primary domain to your new one and park the old one to that account?? My host did that without a problem.
I use a free host, 000webhost. And they said the only way to change a domain is to make a new server and then just transfer the files.

I know free hosts suck, but I don't really have too many people going to my site so it isn't a problem right now.
What's your site?
forum.toontownagents.com.
Its a fan site for a online game Toungue
Using SeaMonkey, I got prompted for a user name and password when I clicked on the
'Login' link.