MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for coders, themers and modders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well since coming to mybb i haven't really found a good mix of mybb with a cms.... Which brings me to my current project after i trashed my other one.

[Image: ad468x60.gif]
Http://www.absorbcms.net

Yes i know....it's not finished nor started for that matter. I have the "basic" rough draft of the site up now but am in need of some help. I will just say this to those of you asking for paid services.....i'm broke. (perhaps down the road when things pick up, people will be compensated)
I am only 1 person doing this in my free time because i love mybb. This job is open to those of you with the time and desire for creating and maintaining a cms. I do not want to create a mybb "plugin" cms solution. I want a cms with integrated mybb forums.

This is going to be a FREE cms and hopefully will benefit the mybb community. Please let me know what you guys think Smile

I am currently seeking candidates with the following backgrounds :
Php coding
Javascript
Ajax
Html coding
Flash
MyBB plugins / themes
Web Security
Forum support

This CMS will feature the following :
Integrated mybb forums
Image Gallery
Downloads system
Plugin system
Article and news system
Security system
Ecommerce shop
Calendar
Newsletter system
(2010-07-15, 09:16 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]This CMS will feature the following :
Integrated mybb forums
Image Gallery
Downloads system
Plugin system
Article and news system
Security system
Ecommerce shop
Calendar
Newsletter system

1) Use a page generator plugin.
2) Already exists.
3) Same as above.
4) Same as above.
5) Pull the posts from a specified forum with a plugin.
6) MyBB does this already.
7) Bit more difficult but MyDownloads offers this to some extent.
8) MyBB has it.
9) ^

Use MyBB and a few plugins. Way easier.
(2010-07-15, 09:20 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-15, 09:16 PM)Vapor Wrote: [ -> ]This CMS will feature the following :
Integrated mybb forums
Image Gallery
Downloads system
Plugin system
Article and news system
Security system
Ecommerce shop
Calendar
Newsletter system

1) Use a page generator plugin.
2) Already exists.
3) Same as above.
4) Same as above.
5) Pull the posts from a specified forum with a plugin.
6) MyBB does this already.
7) Bit more difficult but MyDownloads offers this to some extent.
8) MyBB has it.
9) ^

Use MyBB and a few plugins. Way easier.
I disagree. This is a way better and more powerful way if it's all combined and coded good. I can't wait for this CMS also maybe have a integrated blog and have an option for users to create new HTML pages?
I am very open to what people would like added. All you have to do is post it here and we will add it.

Quote:*Blog
*New pages

Added...
Perhaps a comment system for new pages Toungue. And maybe an feature that will let you expand the homepage add new modules, etc. Like the current portal only more advanced.
I am good with PHP and MYSQL. PM me
(2010-07-15, 09:52 PM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree. This is a way better and more powerful way if it's all combined and coded good.

Not particularly. By the time this project reaches the point where it is very feature rich, the individual plugins would have already reached the same stage only months, maybe years earlier.

Besides that, this project is in planning. Many projects have been in the planning stage, yet gotten nowhere. Maybe this one will be different though.

If I were the OP I'd work with something already made. Create a plugin for WordPress that integrates it with MyBB to the finest details. Then you have an excellent base with all the plugins you could possibly need. Best of both worlds really, and you don't have to worry about maintaining either system then.

Realistically I just can't see this taking off. Prove me wrong.
Since it's free, I won't code anything major. But I can touch up stuff that needs it.
@ scoutie: I see your concern for a slow start and possible failure but consider this:

Php nuke was one of the first "cms's" to become popular...then came joomla, drupal etc....but people were not just content with nuke, they wanted to make it better (php cms). So if i do nothing...then nothing will prevail. But if i do something, it might turn out great.

I think that MyBB blows the doors off all free and paid available forum systems, but lacks a good cms foundation. Yes there are good mods etc for mybb but no 1 solution. Bridges become outdated, mods become outdated etc....but if it is actively developed within a cms it's chances might be greater to succeed.

@joshee: We plan on developing free and commercial plugins, themes....so you might make some $$$ in time selling your mods etc...

@bob: features added !
Looking forward to how it turns out Smile
I'm ok in terms of graphics and codes so just shoot me a PM if you need me Toungue
Pages: 1 2