MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I just don't understand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey there,

Maybe I'm just an idiot. My domain, http://37project.org/, is ready and pointing the address my web host indicated is the one I am to use. I downloaded the latest version of MyBB, extracted it, and uploaded it in its entirety to my web-based FTP, provided by the company I use, Crazy Domains, keeping the structure intact as instructed.

So I've tried going to "37project.org/install", but that did not work. That's what is says to do in the guide in this site's Wiki, which I know I'm misinterpreting but I've never had to do anything like this before, having only administrated free forums, and I just don't get what to do now.

I don't want my board to be accessed by a sub-domain either, unless it's difficult to do or advisable not to do, just in case it's relevant.

Help would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Thanks, Reece.
Can you explain the problem you are having?
Sorry, I edited my post after I made some more progress, but am still lost. My post has been updated now.
If you have a folder on your server called "public_html", put the installation in there.
I tried making one, but I had to supply a username, which was in turn put on the end, making "/public_html/reece/". Would this still be applicable?
All the MyBB files need to be in a folder called public_html.
If you plan to run a front page and forum, then you'd need to put the MyBB files in a forum directory, then go to http://yourdomain.com/forum/install
You don't need to put the MyBB files in a folder of public_html if you aren't running a front webpage.
Sorry, but that confused me. Currently, the files are in a folder called "forum", in the main directory of my FTP, which as I understand is "home/project/".
your forum files need to be in:
home/project/public_html/forum
for it to display anywhere on the internet.
Done and done! I'm now at the "Welcome" screen! Many thanks Gaara!
Okay, damn, when I click "Next" I get this:

Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at 37project.org Port 80
500 error could be anything. Also, does index.php exist in the install folder??
Pages: 1 2 3 4