MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Move From vBulletin to Mybb..?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you have the loginconvert.php plugin file uploaded to your forum's inc/plugins/ folder and activated from the AdminCP?
Hey Dylan, Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I do. I didnt install it though, it was inside my installation. So I don't know whether there should be an updated version?

I am new to forums and have to say despite this glitch which isnt the end of the world as I can just mail the members and tell them to reset their passwords that the merge worked perfectly. For a non techie like me I am hugely impressed!

Ideally would like to figure it out though before I switch this version of the forum over and make it live!
Make sure the login convert plugin is activated in the ACP >> Configuration >> Plugins
Yes it is, unless I am being thick. See screenshot!

Is there anything else I have to do or should it theoretically log people back in when they use the site?

Looks like I am going to have to email the members... No biggie, its not a huge forum so probably not the end of the world!

(2010-09-09, 12:44 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure the login convert plugin is activated in the ACP >> Configuration >> Plugins

Well, if you'd rather help us figure out Whats wrong here we can do that too Smile
PM me with login info to your super-admin, phpMyAdmin access to your db, and ftp login. I'll take a look at this as soon as I see the PM. Its probably that there was a change to the vB password hashing that wasn't caught by the team prior to now. If so we'll need to edit the loginconvert plugin with the change. If you know exactly what hashing method is used in that version of vB it would help too, otherwise I'll have to take a gander at the vB files and find out for myself Smile
Ok, this is a problem with the vB salting. They use a char(30) for their salt, MyBB only uses a varchar(10) for the salt. What this means is that when the salt comes over, its getting truncated from 30 character length to 10 character length. Unfortunately for now that means people will have to get a new password from the system. I'll talk to Ryan about how we want to correct this, there are two possible paths and I know which I would prefer.
Thanks so much for looking into it for me. Now I shall have to try and figure out the mass mailing!
Mass Mailing is easy Big Grin
Pages: 1 2