MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OMG No I lost all my post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I have accidentally deleted the wrong category and have lost a very important set of forums on my site whilst editing in the admin cp, is there any way to go back on what I have done or is that it all my post and threads are gone?
Unless you or your host has a backup, no, deleting means deleting. There is a confirmation when deleting forums, there's only so much we can do to stop you deleting the wrong things without being too in-your-face with the warnings.
(2010-07-16, 10:19 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you or your host has a backup, no, deleting means deleting. There is a confirmation when deleting forums, there's only so much we can do to stop you deleting the wrong things without being too in-your-face with the warnings.

okay I have installed the backup and nothing has happened I am just left with a blank page, www.thegamesdistrict.com/community/index.php
Upload a new copy of ./index.php, all other files are OK.
Why are you using 1.6 on a live site?
(2010-07-18, 12:17 AM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you using 1.6 on a live site?

I am not?
(2010-07-19, 05:32 PM)Nick Madd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-18, 12:17 AM)Nitrus Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you using 1.6 on a live site?

I am not?

Then why post in MyBB 1.6 General Support?
Because he needs support with mybb 1.6. He was messing with something and broke it. I don't see why he came in such a rush after losing posts if it wasn't a live site. But if he was using it for fun and playing with it he could also need support. :p
(2010-07-16, 10:03 PM)Nick Madd Wrote: [ -> ]have lost a very important set of forums on my site

This doesn't suggest he was just messing about with 1.6. The tone and context of his post suggest he's using 1.6 on a live site. Hence our assumptions.