MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I convert SMF 2.0 RC3 to Mybb 14 under PHP 4.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My hosting never plan to upgrade PHP 4.0 to PHP 5.0
What should I do?
Find a different host. The merger system, and soon I believe MyBB as well, will only run with PHP 5+. I'm not sure exactly what minor version of PHP 5 it requires, but you can find that information on the wiki or on the MyBB Merger System pages. Not to mention PHP 4 is ancient, and not very secure compared to PHP 5.
Oh, and also, you'll have to look around on the forums here for my donated (unofficial) SMF 2 RC2/3 module, as the official Merger System does not yet support SMF 2.
It 's hard to move to new hosting because I use this host for a long time.
And The database is very large. I can't move it to new host.
Any way? T^T
1.4 supports PHP 4.3.11 and above so until we stop supporting that there isn't a problem. 1.6 however only supports PHP 5.1.0 and above.

To be honest as PHP 4 isn't supported by PHP itself any more there may be many security problems with it. Currently PHP only supports 5.3 and 5.2.
But, Merge System for MyBB 1.4 is requesting PHP 5.0. = =
Sorry for asking a lot of question.
I don't know how they plan on staying in business if they're never going to upgrade to PHP 5. What a stupid decision to make. I'd be surprised if they're still running in a year or two. MyBB 1.6 won't run on PHP 4 so you'll need to find a new host, there's no way around it. How big is your database??
About 200 MB. Thanks for every answer.
I should think about changing to mybb again. ^^
You can move the database with SQLdumper.
He doesn't even need to move the database... no one has seen the optimum solution here yet?

He wants to Merge SMF to MyBB... he just needs to install MyBB on a new host that uses PHP 5, since its to MyBB that the Merger System gets uploaded to... and then point the Merger system to the old database. Voila, both problems solved... 1 shot.