MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ah, the redirection woes :-(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No mouseover working Chris.
Logins seem to always send me back to the main page. I logged in when it asked me at the "Not Logged In" message when I tried to make a new thread and it sent me to the main page which doesn't really make sense.

Also as a suggestion while we're on the topic of logins, would it be possible to let the user choose where they want to logout to (eg. Forum Index or the page they were just on)
DennisTT Wrote:Also as a suggestion while we're on the topic of logins, would it be possible to let the user choose where they want to logout to (eg. Forum Index or the page they were just on)

Ideally the logout should transport you to wherever you were present, be it a thread or a forum. I think it is being worked out.
This is a bug in RC4. I've replaced some code in the next version and it appears to be working as it is supposed to.
Chris Boulton Wrote:This is a bug in RC4. I've replaced some code in the next version and it appears to be working as it is supposed to.
As far as I can see you probably fixed it already anyway, but I noticed this bug today too and after having had a quick look at the code it seems the following code is involved (line 796 in member.php)
if(strpos($url, "member.php?action=register") !== false || $url = "member.php")
{
    $url = "";
}
I am not quite sure about the reason why the redirection shall be voided if it targets the script itself (recursion?) but yeah .... Smile. (to be nitpicking Wink, the second clause is an assignment).