MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sql error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.graphicsgallery.mybbnew.com
version 1.4.13

i keep getting this error and its doing mi head in i am trying to create my forum but not getting any where cause of this can u help please.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    0 -
Query:
    [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
http://www.graphicsgallery.mybbnew.com
version 1.4.13

Can sumone tell me were the hell mybbnew support forum has gone please
As you are hosted on a MyBB forum host you should contact them on their support site.
If you don't know if or where their support forum is then I recommend you change hosts Smile
(2010-07-17, 07:31 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]As you are hosted on a MyBB forum host you should contact them on their support site.
If you don't know if or where their support forum is then I recommend you change hosts Smile

Sorry i thought thay was the same hosts seen has one is called mybb and the other mybbnew.
MyBB is the home of the official support forums but as your host runs a multiforum script they run different code. Therefore we can't really support it Smile
MyBB is the name of the software, we are not a host, but MyBBNew is.
(2010-07-17, 07:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB is the name of the software, we are not a host, but MyBBNew is.

SOoooo confusing :s
Why?? Huh MyBB is what the software is called, the same as Windows is the name of an operating system and BMW is the name of a car brand. It's a name. MyBBNew is the name of a host you signed up to that hosts a forum running MyBB. This site is just mybb.com, the same name as the software, and is just our site.
(2010-07-17, 07:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why?? Huh MyBB is what the software is called, the same as Windows is the name of an operating system and BMW is the name of a car brand. It's a name. MyBBNew is the name of a host you signed up to that hosts a forum running MyBB. This site is just mybb.com, the same name as the software, and is just our site.

Ye i understand that but when i ask a question here i get told to go to my bbnew support forum and when i ask a question there i get told to come here
thats what i mean. Smile

PS and now i cant get on mybbnew forum it says it dont exist and only place i could think off to try and find out why was here. well thats what i thought anyhow.
You never said they told you to come back here. I don't know why they said that, this error is either caused by an incorrect setting in your config.php file, which you don't have access to so you can't fix it, or there's an error with their MySQL server, which is something only they can fix.
Pages: 1 2