MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change my forum's homepage/index landing page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to change my index page so that it isn't the default index that is set by the theme. I want the index/homepage to be a threaded display, like the one below:

Index page of threaded discussions

Which Mybb files do I modify to change my homepage so that the homepage/index is a threaded discussion page (or is there a plugin that does this)?

Thanks ....Smile
Figured it out. There is an option in the Edit Forums section that allows a url redirect.
No plugin that I know of, but you can select any page you want to display as your home page, and just modify your .htaccess file to redirect index.php to it.
Use .htaccess.
But if you use .htaccess, won't you not be able to view index.php, which is the forum board because it will just redirect to the page defined my .htaccess?
Global 123,
I have this setup on my page, http://www.godlikescience.com
You have to add a line of code to your .htaaccess i'm on my iPad right now so I'll come back on with my pc and tell you the code I used. FYI by doing this you have to fix lots of little layout bugs
Just put this in your htaccess:
DirectoryIndex /forumdisplay.php?fid=X /index.php

Where X = is the number of the forum!

you might have to remove the slashes i had too