MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachments will not upload
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Trying to upload any type of attachment generates this error:

Quote:Error Attaching File
The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: The attachment could not be found on the server.

This is a recent issue, and I've not installed any new plugins since attachments were were working. The only change I have made was to upgrade from 1.4.11 to 1.4.13.

Anybody have a clue as to what the problem might be?
Make sure ./uploads/ is CHMOD to 777.
Uploads is chmoded to 777 as it has always been, and the only modification I can think of sine it stopped working was upgrading to 1.4.13
Did it happen literally as soon as you upgraded?? Can you upload things via any other scripts installed on your server??
Matt, honstly I don't know if it happened as soon as I upgraded. It was the firsta attachment I tried to upload sine the upgrade though, and I've got testing forum that I install any major updates to before installing on my live forum, and that one has the attachment problem now too.

There haven't been any plugins that I've installed that could be the culprit so I'm at a loss.

I also had a really strange situation about 2 weeks ago in which my reps to posts modification quit working and it was not due to the reputation.php or member.php files, nor any template or anything else that should have caused the problem. After replacing all foldes on the server one by one, it turned out to be replacing the cache folder that fixed the problem.

Last thing I would have EVER thought, but that's what corrected the problem.

On this problem I am at a loss.
What FTP client are you using and what mode? I once had a situation where I was uploading files in the wrong format via FTP which corrupted some files making MyBB not work properly.
I have checked file perms in cPanel and IN WSFTP and they both show 777 for the Uploads directory and all folders in it.

Files for 1.4.13 were uploaded using WSFTP in auto mode.
Hmm, did you try reuploading all files with FileZilla and re-CHMODing all the directories that are needed?
That was the issue! I renamed the uploads directory, created as new one on the server and gave it 777 perms and it solved the issue. I would have spent hours or days on this one. Thank you!

And now theres one damn file in the renamed uploads directory that's preventing me from deleting it! Can't delete it in any FTP app, nor in cPanel! I'm about at a point where I'm gonna putty in and delete it directly in the shell!

Just a minor irritation with the undeletable folder, but that damn problem caused me hours of frustration!

I know I bitched a bit about support, but I REALLY do appreciate your guys help, and I really do try to help out others myself, whenever I can. Thanks so much!
I once had this problem too. What I did was I asked my host to delete the folder as for some reason I didn't had enough power to delete it. I know very strange Toungue. And don't worry about wasting our time Toungue. We are actually doing our jobs replying to these threads and wasting our time replying to threads in the General Discussion forum Toungue.
Pages: 1 2