MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How/Where to activate "Start a New Thread/Post" button???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just installed Mybb forum today (have never worked with this forum software) but I can't seem to figure out how to turn on or activate the new thread/new topic button (shows at top and bottom of page). Currently I'm trying to test the board with test posts but can't post anything because there are no post-buttons on the page (using the default template).

Where in the admin can I find info on how to activate the start a new thread/new topic button? Would really like to use this software but if no-one can post a thread or topic, it's quite useless isn't it....Dodgy
On the forum display?? It's there by default... what's your URL...??
Check your setting in the Admin Control Panel - Forums - Permissions
(2010-07-17, 11:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]On the forum display?? It's there by default... what's your URL...??

http://forums.globaltopiks.com/
Something's odd with your site, all links just load the index page. Have you modified your .htaccess file??
(2010-07-18, 12:06 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Something's odd with your site, all links just load the index page. Have you modified your .htaccess file??

No, I haven't made any changes to any files. I've been tinkering around with themes today because I thought that something was wrong with the default template, but none of the themes I've tested show the new thread button. I'll just do another install. If the bug still persists, I'll try another forum.

Thanks for the help..Wink

Rachel
It's nothing to do with the theme, or MyBB itself, as I said, any URL you load is loading index.php, this isn't anything we can control. Look, even this loads your index:

http://forums.globaltopiks.com/this-is-a-fake-url-that-doesnt-exist

That should load a 404 page, not your index. How is your domain setup?? Are there any directory index settings anywhere that you can see??