MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guest Posting: Not allow them to enter a username
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have allowed Guest Posting on my site. When a guest goes to post on the site they have the option of entering a username and a password. Is there a way to remove this option? So they are forced to post under "Guest" until they register a username?
Thanks in advance
I am not sure I believe you will need a plugin for that.
hmm I installed a Anonymous Poster plugin but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the forum.. any ideas of what plugin it would be?
it is indeed possible by default.
If they post using the New reply button, they can enter a username.

I want this feature in quick reply too...
You can remove both the username and paassword fields for guest posts by editing the loginbox in ungrouped templates.

Your best bet is to open the template and rename it to loginbox-orig, save it then go back and open the loginbox again and delete everything in the template and replace with this:

<input type="hidden" name="username" value="Guest" />

You can change Guest to anything you want to change it to and that's what will be displayed as the posters name.

The down side, if you consider it one, is that they will not be able to edit or delete their posts.

If you later want the fields back, you simply delete the new template and rename the ogiginal template back to loginbox.
Thank yup so much
Is there a way to get guests to have to enter a username on both quick reply and full reply?

I am using 1.6. Would also like to get it to display a message encouraging them to register. Am I asking too much?

Any plugin developers out there be able to configure something like that for me?
(2010-09-14, 04:21 PM)vash Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to get guests to have to enter a username on both quick reply and full reply?
I was just going to request help to do this in quick reply Big Grin

BTW, when full replying, guests can put a username.