MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showcase Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Something has to be done about the "rules" in the Showcase Forum once and for all!!

Take a look at this post thread....

http://community.mybb.com/thread-73702.html

I'm not involved with it so it's not like I have anything to do with this post thread in particular. But It's beginning to get very annoying when Moderators "lash" out at Members here at MyBB! In the post thread above it's clear to see that a Moderator has "told off" a Member about her/his post. Yet in looking at the post thread, to me it appears the post that was supposedly "offensive" has been removed/deleted....So what's the point in telling someone off like has been done?

Here's a post I was involved with...

http://community.mybb.com/thread-73475.html

A Moderator decides to quote the Showcase "rules" like a crime has been committed!

I can understand things being a problem if folks start getting "personal" in post threads.....But if the rules were read and understood as far as the Showcase forum is concerned......

Quote:Ryan Loos Wrote:
Submissions are all subject to feedback, suggestions and opinions. All of which should be said in a constructive manner. Simply saying "It sucks." or the likes is frowned upon.
Attacking others is never acceptable behavior.

For those of you who feel the need to point out that the forum's idea has been done numerous times before, find a polite way to put it. We will no longer put up with derogatory comments aimed towards the forum owner or the forum itself.
Yes, you are here to criticize the forums posted in this forum, but do it in a constructive way, avoid repeating what someone else has said and do not use any unnecessary language. Forum owners need to know what to improve upon but do not need it said 5 times over or to be laughed at for what attempts they have made in making a forum.

It seems that this part is a problem...

Quote:Yes, you are here to criticize the forums posted in this forum, but do it in a constructive way

What is considered as "constructive" that wouldn't sound like it's criticizing? I mean according to what I've posted here, where is the "line" drawn between criticizing and constructive?

Hopefully a discussion about this can be had. and maybe something better can be created about it all. Smile
The staff is working on new rules.
As a comparison:

"The theme sucks. There's no creativity. Everyone uses Afresh it's not funny."
vs.
"It's kind of odd that you're using Afresh Black for a golfing forum. Have you considered looking for a theme which more matches the sport? I would suggest looking for something green to go with the golfing theme."

"Another general forum? I've seen tonnnnnnnns of those and none of them are successful."
vs.
"I'm amazed by the time you've put in to creating so many different forums for your site. But have you considered that users will need to read through all of those forums in order to determine where to post? You might want to consider narrowing the topic of your forum so that you will gear your forum specifically to people who want unique and valuable information in a specific topic."
As the rules quoted, feedback should be constructive. If you read over your posts again you'll realize they aren't on-topic nor constructive. Realistically you have no argument if the staff deems your post un-adhering to the rules and guidelines, which they weren't imo.
(2010-07-18, 04:34 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]As the rules quoted, feedback should be constructive. If you read over your posts again you'll realize they aren't on-topic nor constructive. Realistically you have no argument if the staff deems your post un-adhering to the rules and guidelines, which they weren't imo.

Humour me, what part of the posts aren't on topic and what makes them "non" constructive? The only part I see that's not on topic is when I replied to a certain persons post, who by the way was also not 'on topic"!
(2010-07-14, 08:23 PM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]Very smexy.

And all the offtopic posts.
(2010-07-19, 04:14 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-14, 08:23 PM)Tweep Cat Wrote: [ -> ]Very smexy.

And all the offtopic posts.

Thats not offtopic, thats a user complimenting on the attractiveness of the site.
If that isn't constructive I don't know what is Toungue
Quote:This has to be some kinda joke by mark, just like he's done in the past!!

Kind of on topic I guess, not even close to constructive however.

Quote:So what exactly are you Showcasing?

All I see is a pretty much default forum set up, and nothing else! If anyone else posted such a thing, they'd be "jumped on" and quite rightly so!!!

Again, not constructive.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-73475-p...#pid536984

Too lazy to quote, same thing again...
I don't know what more could have been added to make it more constructive when it's a default forum being shown.

See this quote...

Quote:Couldn't you at least create and add a logo of your own design? All you've done is shown that you can upload the forum software and add one or two plugins...Something that everyone here should be able to do. I just don't know what it is that you're "Showcasing"?

Is that also not constructive....Suggesting creating/adding a logo and some plugins?

As for the first part in your last post here, can't anyone ask someone a question here?

Please don't bother replying, you're obviously clutching at straws here, and frankly you're wasting folks' time!!
Pages: 1 2