MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: scr3w.info A forum for latest scams, complaints & anything that screwed you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From long time i was fascinated by features and scalability of "Mybb" and wanted to try it out . Though i am already having a SMF board and administrating it from more than 2 years. Finally now i got the chance to set up a board with MYBB Smile Really administrating and customizing Mybb is a breeze.

Well my new MYBB based forum is scr3w.info - Which is an open discussion forum for all to post latest scam, fake websites, cheating sites or complaints regarding any company, product, website. Hope you will like it.

Visit Screwed forums at:
http://scr3w.info

Thanks
Gourav Sharma
Should use at least a custom theme.
Well, you have too many boards. Condense and expand, yes yes.
Very good idea for a forum! Smile

The only suggestion I have is capitalize your forums for example, "fake websites".
It should have a uppercase f and w. It makes your website look more professional when everything is capitalized correctly.
I laughed at the International Scams. Anyways good luck.
Hello Gourav,
Its a very good forum but there are too many boards. Your forum looks empty. Reduce the boards and when your forum grows you can replace them Smile

BTW I have joined your forum Smile

Regards
Praveer
Thanks all for your Valuable comments. Well i created this forum in hasty Actually i was having a spare domain scr3w.info and i thought to try out a new project on it. Though i don't have any respite due to my other forum and blog.

@ Winford F Thanks for your suggestion

@praveer and skora all of the board will soon get filled up... Right now i am getting more than 300 UV per day on this 1.5 week old website Big Grin

@ lan7 Can you suggest me a Light theme that support all mods . Actually i am new to mybb but good in SMF

Can anybody tell me about such plugin who can make my forum more user friendly without registration. I want my traffic to be able to post ( more easily ) without registration. I already enabled guest posting but just want to know any other option..

Thanks
Gourav Sharma
Too much advertise.
(2010-07-26, 09:24 AM)gstek Wrote: [ -> ]@ lan7 Can you suggest me a Light theme that support all mods . Actually i am new to mybb but good in SMF

Any theme that is compatible with your MyBB software version should work.

If it does not, that's because you installed the theme AFTER your mods had been activated.

When Mods are activated, they automatically place their code into the theme templates.

So your themes that were added after does not contain those code.

There's 2 things you can do in this scenario;
1. Deactivate & reactivate the Mod(s).
2. Go into the Templates of the theme(s) that does have the codes you need, and copy them into the other theme(s).

It looks like the overall look has improved though, but I still wouldn't use the default.

(2010-07-26, 09:24 AM)gstek Wrote: [ -> ]Can anybody tell me about such plugin who can make my forum more user friendly without registration. I want my traffic to be able to post ( more easily ) without registration. I already enabled guest posting but just want to know any other option..

I don't think that's possible, how can people have accounts without creating them? Your guest posting is the only logical solution.

But even then, I wouldn't allow that. It's too open to problematic issues;
- Trolls Spamming
- Spam bots.

Stick to the registration process.
Way too many boards, and I lol'd at the bottom section.
Pages: 1 2