MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My funny story of the night (RPicard related).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a story of how I found myself on a random forum, reading a random post, clicking a random signature link, and finding a random image...

I found myself on a new MyBB forum I joined the other day and while viewing the new posts I saw a new thread that looked like spam so I clicked on it to report it. Well it wasn't spam, just somebody trying to increase their post count with one of those "I found this site and it looks to good to be true what do you think?" threads. I check out the site and it looks legit, but I decide to do a search in Google. It brings me to a thread in a forum. I read the post and confirm the site is legit, but I read the replies to the thread also. I find one reply and the user's avatar catches my eye, the reply isn't interesting or even informative but his signature has a catchy link in it so I click it hoping it's related to his avatar in some way. It brings me to a sales thread where this user is selling some marketing videos on how to make money with a blog. I read over the whole thread because it's 8AM and I have nothing better to do on a Sunday morning and I reach the end and see 2 reviews for the videos, one is a screenshot of an e-mail (GMail?) and the name sticks out like a soar thumb...

[Image: productreview.png]

I think to myself, oh there has to be a lot of Robert Picards out there, then I notice the URL which matches somebody's signature!

Yeah, long story about nothing really but I just found it funny since I happened upon the sales thread after taking a completely unexpected path of random clicks. Oh, and it almost got me to buy the videos. Big Grin
Joe... only you. This may happen to other people, but I don't know anyone else who would start a thread about it Big Grin

You're still amazing though.
(2010-07-18, 12:14 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a story of how I found myself on a random forum, reading a random post, clicking a random signature link, and finding a random image...

I found myself on a new MyBB forum I joined the other day and while viewing the new posts I saw a new thread that looked like spam so I clicked on it to report it. Well it wasn't spam, just somebody trying to increase their post count with one of those "I found this site and it looks to good to be true what do you think?" threads. I check out the site and it looks legit, but I decide to do a search in Google. It brings me to a thread in a forum. I read the post and confirm the site is legit, but I read the replies to the thread also. I find one reply and the user's avatar catches my eye, the reply isn't interesting or even informative but his signature has a catchy link in it so I click it hoping it's related to his avatar in some way. It brings me to a sales thread where this user is selling some marketing videos on how to make money with a blog. I read over the whole thread because it's 8AM and I have nothing better to do on a Sunday morning and I reach the end and see 2 reviews for the videos, one is a screenshot of an e-mail (GMail?) and the name sticks out like a soar thumb...

[Image: productreview.png]

I think to myself, oh there has to be a lot of Robert Picards out there, then I notice the URL which matches somebody's signature!

Yeah, long story about nothing really but I just found it funny since I happened upon the sales thread after taking a completely unexpected path of random clicks. Oh, and it almost got me to buy the videos. Big Grin

Convenient much? xD
Definitely odd how he posted it at the same time you were viewing the video.
Its very odd Toungue

PS:Why isnt he on the Dev team for mybb now? Huh
Don't know, doesn't concern me and I think you should wait for him to post (if he chooses) rather than starting another dfadjhjd-fest.
The time stamp on the screenshot doesn't mean it was taken that morning, it was taken the day the guy posted the thread (or added shortly after). Toungue