MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing hosts.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to switch my hosts. I backed up my DB, and I did a fresh install of MyBB to the new server, and I restored the DB of the old forum. However, after none of my images or styles are showing, and it seems my cookies are messed up, but when I go to change the cookie setting the AdminCP doesn't change anything. I installed all the mods I had on the previous board to the new board prior to the restore, as well as the styles that I had installed, so it doesnt have anything to do with the mods not having the files they need, because they have them.

I honestly can't come up with an idea to transfer my website.
Did you change your forums URL when you switched host?
your settings and config files writable?
(2010-07-19, 04:17 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Did you change your forums URL when you switched host?
Yesir, I did.
(2010-07-19, 04:54 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]your settings and config files writable?

Not sure, I'll check it out.
OK, well you will need to change your domain and cookie information in the ../inc/settings.php file Smile
Ah, was thinking something along those lines, but I didn't want to accidently mess something up Thanks!
EDIT: I just checked; the settings in the setting.php file was fine all along, so that isnt the problem.
Make sure you set the default theme to the default theme. If you don't and use a theme say "XYZ" and "XYZ" images isn't in your forums images folder. It will show as a white background.
It seems it was only a conflicting cookies problem ^.^ sorry for the trouble.