MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to save any settings in Admin CP...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I try to change a setting in the Admin Control Panel, either nothing happens and it returns to main page of a particular section, or it will display an error like "invalid forum ID" or "invalid theme ID".

Examples:
  • editing a forum - "Invalid Forum ID selected."
  • editing a stylesheet - "An invalid theme ID has been specified."
  • editing general configuration - nothing happens
  • importing a new theme - nothing happens

Forum: http://www.ww-c.netii.net/forum/
Have you chmod'd settings.php to 666?
It was on 777, but changing it 666 makes no difference.
Hmm ok try uploading a fresh set of files. And if that doesn't work send me some test admin details.
I've just noticed that form data isn't sent on the admin login page, either (I'm still logged in now, but I tried it in incognito mode, and a different browser, and I can't login).

I'm trying a fresh copy of MyBB - it's uploading now.
Perhaps it's the cookie settings then? http://community.mybb.com/thread-42123.html
It seems the path is set to / instead of /forum/. Changed it, but I can't update it in the ACP since it still won't save. I'll try updating it in phpMyAdmin.

Edit: hang on, I did that so I can use the forum login system throughout my site (I was following a tutorial on this forum). I don't think that's the problem.
Were you able to configure settings before you integrated the login system?
Also what version are you running?
I'm using MyBB 1.4.13, and yes, the login system was integrated a while ago without any problems.

I've finished uploading a fresh copy, so I'll see if that one works.

Edit: fixed it! Smile I recently added a .htaccess file in the root of my website, designed to hide "index.php" (i.e. /path/index.php would redirect to /path/). Just took it off and it works fine. Sorry for the trouble...
No problem Smile
Glad you got it fixed.