MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post count not updating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my new forum, i just noticed the normal member post counts arent being automatically updated when they post.

I have to go into the admin cp and manually rebuild the post counts.

My Admin account seems to be updating the post count just fine, but its the members who are having the problem.

I don't know if its a duplicate of this bug
http://dev.mybboard.net/issues/1083

anyone else having this? how can i fix this? Maybe should just roll back to 1.4?

also i tried
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1'; 
and it didnt help Sad

edit: it seems to update their post count for new topics that they create.
(2010-07-19, 04:33 PM)The Grinch Wrote: [ -> ]On my new forum, i just noticed the normal member post counts arent being automatically updated when they post.

I have to go into the admin cp and manually rebuild the post counts.

My Admin account seems to be updating the post count just fine, but its the members who are having the problem.

I don't know if its a duplicate of this bug
http://dev.mybboard.net/issues/1083

anyone else having this? how can i fix this? Maybe should just roll back to 1.4?

also i tried
UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `usepostcounts` = '1'; 
and it didnt help Sad

edit: it seems to update their post count for new topics that they create.

You should only be using mybb 1.6 on a beta board at this point, not on a live board, so rolling back to 1.4 shouldn't ever need to happen. Not sure exactly what is going on. If the fix for it didn't work then it probably isn't the same problem. I suggest trying to recount the posts and seeing if that fixes it.
Wow, you're reply was totally unhelpful.

anyways luckily the forum i upgraded to the beta is still new, so i can easily scrap it and start again from scratch.
This problem has already been mentioned before on the development site: Post Count not updating, Posts held for moderation even when not set, recount needed to fix both.

As HolyPhoenix mentions, you shouldn't use 1.6 Beta on a production forum as it may still have some problems.
you could revert to beta 1 Big Grin
(2010-07-20, 06:58 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]you could revert to beta 1 Big Grin

But there might not be an upgrade path from the beta to gold, so it doesn't help.
(2010-07-20, 12:54 PM)N.Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-20, 06:58 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]you could revert to beta 1 Big Grin

But there might not be an upgrade path from the beta to gold, so it doesn't help.
I'm pretty sure some staff said there will NOT be an upgrade path tho.