MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Star Bug for Custom Usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any plans on fixing that bug? Basically number of stars cannot be assigned for Custom Usergroups. i.e. if I wanted member of my custom group to have 3 stars he/she will still have zero stars even if I assigned three stars using No. Of Stars option from Usergroup Edit Menu.

Thanks a bunch.

EB
The star system is working fine for me.

Are you putting these users in this group by using the primary/secondary or display group functionality?
Chris Boulton Wrote:The star system is working fine for me.

Are you putting these users in this group by using the primary/secondary or display group functionality?
Chris,

It works for me as well, but only in groups that are pre-programmed (i.e. moderator, sup-moderator, admin etc). It doesn't work for Custom Usergroups. And yes, my visitors have as their primary display Custom Usergroup which should provide them with granted stars (yet to no avail).

This behaviour in previous versions was not only reported by me, but also by others in here and it remains in current version 1.1.

You think you can test it further, since it seems to me you are surprised. Smile

EB
I've tried it as well and it seems to be alright.
It might have been fixed and it's not in a released version, but it seems ok to me.

-Made "test group" with 3 stars and "Can users set this group as their display group" to "yes"
-User joined group through UserCP
-User set "test group" as display group in UserCP
-Made post and 3 stars were shown
decswxaqz Wrote:I've tried it as well and it seems to be alright.
It might have been fixed and it's not in a released version, but it seems ok to me.

-Made "test group" with 3 stars and "Can users set this group as their display group" to "yes"
-User joined group through UserCP
-User set "test group" as display group in UserCP
-Made post and 3 stars were shown
Thank you for reply. Did all that before and still nothing happens. I would be more than happy to provide you with an access to test it. Please let me know.

Thank you

EB
Ok, not a bug. (EuroBEAT gave me access to his forums temporarily)
Quote:User Title
If nothing is entered here the usertitles system will be used instead to show the title.
You needed to have entered something into this box, otherwise it was defaulting to using usertitles based on number of posts.
decswxaqz Wrote:Ok, not a bug. (EuroBEAT gave me access to his forums temporarily)
Thank you very much for taking your time and looking into it. YES! It works as supposed to. I think we can archive this thread.

Regards.

EB