MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions (Version 1.1) Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fulltext searching (#8) should already be in, either MyBB 1.1 or 1.2
all rock.
especially #17.WYSIWYG Editor
DennisTT Wrote:Fulltext searching (#8) should already be in, either MyBB 1.1 or 1.2

Many Thanks DennisTT, for your answer

Which version will have the suggestions with numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7 ???

These are features very importants
NSH Wrote:all rock.
especially #17.WYSIWYG Editor

Thanks, MyBB must be careful with the load in JavaScript (ClientSide) of the WYSIWYG Editor, because for example, FCK Editor have bugs, and also is very slow, for this reazon I chose http://www.richtexteditor.org/demo/ but if MyBB do some better than richtexteditor, will be great, the best is between all our comunity, we can give opinions

I think than WYSIWYG Editor not is so important, but is very popular
Today added the #21 Security and 22 User Management

But I want to know when can be released the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 21, 22 of these suggestions

Please say me
Also we don't want to add features just for the sake of adding features. We want to add features that people will use and are practical and not just be bloated with features and bells and whistles.

The plugin system was created so that many of these extra features could be added and removed by each admin individually to their liking without modifying the code directly.
Quote:1.SubFolders

The User can create Folders to organize the Suscribed Threads, Favorites, Drafts (very useful when a user have a bunch of Suscribed Threads, Favorites, Drafts)
I don't really see much point in this apart from bloat. vBulletin seems to have this feature, and i've never used it on any vBulletin boards i'm a member of.

Quote:Search with in of:
-- Message text only (as phpbb 3)
-- First post of topics only (as phpbb 3)
MyBB already supports this.

Quote:4.Search in this thread
This is useful and will probably be added.

Quote:7.Calendar Improvements
The calendar is going to be improved in a future version and include most of this.

Quote:8.Indexing
MyBB 1.2 makes use of fulltext indexing for searching if the version of MySQL supports it (4.1 - we only support boolean mode)

Quote:12.Gallery in Profile
Not many people would have a use for this.

Quote:13.BBCODE Multimedia
This is annoying, however you'll be able to add things like this in the Admin CP of 1.2 (Custom MyCode)

Quote:14.Multiquotes
We have something similar to this in 1.2 which uses the quick reply form.

Quote:users browsing this thread
We may include this.

Quote:17.WYSIWYG Editor
The rewritten javascript for the editor will allow this to be accomplished without any HTML changes.

We'll be designing our own WYSIWYG editor at some stage.

Quote:19.Budy list
I'm not actually sure how many people still use the buddy list.

Finally - as Dennis said, we don't add features just for the sake of having them. We only add them if there is user demand for them and they'll be used.
Quote:The rewritten javascript for the editor will allow this to be accomplished without any HTML changes.

Didn't quite get what you meant by -

We'll be designing our own WYSIWYG editor

plus that -

At some stage.

But I'm certain quite a few boarders will be pleased with editing the above.
NSH Wrote:
Quote:The rewritten javascript for the editor will allow this to be accomplished without any HTML changes.

Didn't quite get what you meant by -

We'll be designing our own WYSIWYG editor

plus that -

At some stage.

But I'm certain quite a few boarders will be pleased with editing the above.

He means, when we get around to implementing a WYSIWYG editor, we'll be developing one ourselves, not using another ready-built one (eg. FCKeditor, HTMLArea, etc). And since it's not at a high priority, it will not probably be implemented until a future release
Pages: 1 2 3