MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB License, What to Do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You could just set it up and makes themes for it, and release them on your own copy of IPB or MyBB and start a theme community.
Damn, I'm too cheap to pay for a full one!
You could use it to make a forum, that would be very useful. Toungue

Think about your interests and make a forum about it.
(2010-07-20, 07:34 PM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]@Jessie. Honestly, I'm not going to sell it unless I find someone willing to pay what I paid for it. (If it was $175 or something I guess I wouldn't mind...) Other than that, I'm going to find an use for it.

No one is going to pay full price they already lost a few months of support that come with the license.

If your not starting a site start making themes I guess because you're not going to make money selling it at full price.
Convert your most popular board to IPB and enjoy its benefits?
IPB can't be that bad can it?

Yeah, its not as simple and easy to use as MyBB, i'd think.
(2010-07-20, 10:27 PM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]IPB can't be that bad can it?

MyBB is simplier, but IPB makes things super easy that MyBB makes a pain.

For example, if you want to serve images from a different domain, it's just an option in the ACP. I recall labrocca saying he had to tear up the core of MyBB just to have a dedicated image server for HF.
(2010-07-20, 11:10 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]

MyBB is simplier, but IPB makes things super easy that MyBB makes a pain.

For example, if you want to serve images from a different domain, it's just an option in the ACP. I recall labrocca saying he had to tear up the core of MyBB just to have a dedicated image server for HF.

Actually, i think it was only a few lines he needed to delete.

Correct.. it is not as easy to use. I am one of those who use both IPB and MYBB and both are current/up to date. IPB is great for a business type site especially if you don't wanna have to rely on 3rd party sites ( mods/plugins ) for things such as Paid subscriptions and such. It is already built in. Thing i don't care for is skinning/Making themes for IPB and i hate that newer look which is not friendly to browsers pre IE 8.0/FF3.. Plus they still have a ways to go with the plugin system unlike MYBB. Still a number of IPB mods that require file edits which really sucks. So it really is not for the novice admin..
(2010-07-20, 11:10 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]For example, if you want to serve images from a different domain, it's just an option in the ACP. I recall labrocca saying he had to tear up the core of MyBB just to have a dedicated image server for HF.

Was actually a relatively simple edit iirc. Anyways, I'd use MyBB over IPB any day tbh. Personal opinion is MyBB offers what I need from the start, and 3rd party sites offer plugins for the rest.
Pages: 1 2 3