MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not trying to cause anymore drama but....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Umm the staff said we could use the chit-chat forum as a specified area for useless / random threads instead of the spam forum, however I just took 40 seconds to write a legit / funny reply to Mark's thread and then tried to post it discovering that its been closed. I'm starting getting mixed signals here...

Are we aloud to post random stuff or is it just "chat-chat" material?
Spam is spam, no matter what.

Talk about random stuff not covered by other forums (casual chit-chat, debates, etc. etc.), but don't post spam (stupid pointless annoying messages).

It's not a hard concept.
(2010-07-20, 07:08 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Umm the staff said we could use the chit-chat forum as a specified area for useless / random threads instead of the spam forum, however I just took 40 seconds to write a legit / funny reply to Mark's thread and then tried to post it discovering that its been closed. I'm starting getting mixed signals here...

Are we aloud to post random stuff or is it just "chat-chat" material?

Post it on Tm0.org ^^
We are currently writing new guidelines for the chit chat forum which will be put up soon. In the meantime it seems Ryan has took the words out of my mouth Toungue
Well, we did have a testing and trashing forum, but that has all changed now....
(2010-07-20, 07:21 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we did have a testing and trashing forum, but that has all changed now....

I don't mind if MyBB sends all spam my way.
(2010-07-20, 07:12 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]We are currently writing new guidelines for the chit chat forum which will be put up soon.

Applause. I think clearer policies would minimize some of the drama threads we've seen.

I also hope MyBB.com uses the Help documents as an example for more forum admins to utilize this very underrated features of the MyBB software.
General chit chit is for casual topics. Not "Oh look I found this funny pic, lets start a thread." Its really sad to see that the majority of the post on this forum have nothing to do with mybb or forums <_<
(2010-07-20, 07:29 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote: [ -> ]General chit chit is for casual topics. Not "Oh look I found this funny pic, lets start a thread." Its really sad to see that the majority of the post on this forum have nothing to do with mybb or forums <_<

Well this is the "general discussion" forum in the Miscellaneous category....
General discussion means actual discussion. The only discussion these seems to be here is about why threads like that one get closed.
Pages: 1 2