MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Arg. 1.2.14 to 1.4.13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok. I downloaded the package and unzipped the filed.
I opened the UPGRADE document and read it.
----
Upgrade Instructions

Please click the appropriate link below to read upgrade instructions on how to update your board to this version. You need to click the link which mentions the version of MyBB you currently have installed.

* All other previous versions (MyBB 1.2 and earlier)

I clicked on that link....nothing happens...so I followed the instructions.
(which now that I look online are DIFFERENT than what came with the package)
I am really messed up now. I couldn't backup 1.2.14. I tried about 5 times doing DOWNLOAD and every iteration. Got errors and errors so gave up.
---
History of what I did.
1. I uploaded all files in the UPLOAD directory (including the directory name) to the mysite/MyBB/ directory.
2. That didn't work so I realized i was supposed to upload all the files directly into MyBB directory and overwrite the other files. So I did.
3. I made sure all the permissions were set correctly.
4. I tried the mysite/MyBB/install/upgrade.php

Got this error:

Warning: require_once(D:\Inetpub\claycountyrepublicans\MyBB/inc/db_.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Inetpub\claycountyrepublicans\MyBB\install\upgrade.php on line 55

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\Inetpub\claycountyrepublicans\MyBB/inc/db_.php' (include_path='.;c:\PHP5') in D:\Inetpub\claycountyrepublicans\MyBB\install\upgrade.php on line 55

-----------------help? Undecided
Wait, you're upgrading from 1.2.14 and you've not backed up your database?? Better hope you don't need to revert to a backup then... you shouldn't just forget backing up if it doesn't work, it's not something you can afford not to do. Back it up via phpMyAdmin if it doesn't work via the ACP.

Did you save your ./inc/config.php file before you uploaded the new files??
(2010-07-20, 07:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, you're upgrading from 1.2.14 and you've not backed up your database?? Better hope you don't need to revert to a backup then... you shouldn't just forget backing up if it doesn't work, it's not something you can afford not to do. Back it up via phpMyAdmin if it doesn't work via the ACP.

Did you save your ./inc/config.php file before you uploaded the new files??

hello,

No because the instructions that came with the package didn't say anything about removing the config.php file. It just said unzip and copy the files over.

Only the online instructions say anything about saving specific files...
I didn't come to the website until after I had copied all the files in and got the error. The config.php file in there is blank.

I couldn't find the database file so I couldn't manually back it up either.
I have no idea where the file might be.

So there is no way I can link back to the original database?
I don't care about the templates or anything. I had no plugins. It was very simple.

All I want is users and messages.
mybb_1413/Documentation/upgrade.html

This is the only file that has any instructions for UPGRADING that came with the zip package.
Backup the database in phpMyAdmin before you do anything else, phpMyAdmin should be in your host control panel somewhere. It's not stored in a file you have access to.

Re-create your config.php file with this and edit your database details in: [wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki] Don't know what's happened to your config file if you didn't do anything to it, shouldn't have been edited when uploading new files.
Ok I installed phpMyAdmin.
I saved the database.
I went through the install process and it made (overwrote) my database.

So now I am importing my old database and synchronizing it in myphp?
Why did you run the install script?? Undecided It says quite clearly in the documentation to run upgrade.php. I quote:

Quote:In your browser, visit the URL where you installed your forums, appending /install/upgrade.php on to the end of it.

Plus you would have got a popup warning when trying to install again saying you'd lose all your data which you'd have to have confirmed...

When you've imported the backup, run the upgrade script, not the install script; lucky I said to backup your database otherwise you'd have been knackered.
OK I had backed up my old database using PHPMYADMIN and downloaded it locally.

I had my ISP restore the old database and overwrite the new one in the SQL server area. I couldn;t do it because it was too large for PHPMYADMIN.

Now the old database is in there so I tried running the UPGRADE.PHP and I get errors about tables not existing. So, v1.2.14 has a different table set than 1.4.13 or I lost data during the backup?

Here is the list that I can see in PHPMYADMIN.
* Structure mybb_adminlog
* Structure mybb_adminoptions
* Structure mybb_adminsessions
* Structure mybb_announcements
* Structure mybb_attachments
* Structure mybb_attachtypes
* Structure mybb_awaitingactivation
* Structure mybb_badwords
* Structure mybb_banned
* Structure mybb_captcha
* Structure mybb_datacache
* Structure mybb_events

that's all that is there now. There were many more tables before when I ran the backup.

Bad news?
Looks like your ISP didn't restore your database properly. Contact them to try again.