MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can you answer some of my queries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,
first i want to say you that you all are doing AWESOME WORK Smile

my questions are -

1) can you suggest me from where should i purchase domain? (godaddy is perfect or some another?)

2) I want to use my forum for TORRENT and some other contents, am i allowed? means last time i hosted my forum on FORUMATION and now its blocked, so i want clear answer that if I will do same here will my forum wil get banned or blocked??

3) i want to use AJAX chat box in my forum, can i use it? i know little about HTML and CSS so i need your full assistance.

4) Do you also provide CHAT BOX, which has feature like KICK, BAN, ETC..

5) I want to put ads on left and right side of my forum (side-bar) am i allowed to do that? means CUSTOMIZE??

6) i am sorry, if i posted these queries in WRONG place..

please help me sir/mam
1. I recommend www.namecheap.com
2. As long as they're legal torrents.
3. Do you mean can you use it, or how to get it?
4. Not by default, but you can get plugins.
5. Yes.
6. You didn't Big Grin
1) Name.com (GoDaddy sucks)
2) As above
3) There's a shoutbox plugin somewhere
4) You want IRC for that
5) Template edits should do it
6) As above
sir,
i dont think those torrent will be legal Toungue Big Grin

actually i want to create a forum and will put torrents from AHASHARE, H33t, TPb, and many other TORRENT SITE...

but, i want to tell you that, i will personally not HOST THEM anywhere in my forum, i will only provide links..

so now can i ask that CAN I STILL USE MYBB???
and one more thing,

name.com and namecheap.com
both are diffrent or same provider?

and i want to use AJAX CHAT BOX, so i hope those HOSTING name u gave supports AJAX
No if you link to or host hacking or warez we will not support you here. We however cannot control whether you use MyBB or not.

Name and namecheap are different providers.
Did you just confess to piracy?
i will not host it, i will do same as what GOOGLE do.
so many torrents will also be included like new movies or whatever..
so i am confused..
and want to know that CAN YOU DELETE MY WEBSITE if i will be using MYBB??
(2010-07-21, 11:56 AM)chorbazar Wrote: [ -> ]i will not host it, i will do same as what GOOGLE do.
so many torrents will also be included like new movies or whatever..
so i am confused..
and want to know that CAN YOU DELETE MY WEBSITE if i will be using MYBB??

(2010-07-21, 11:37 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]No if you link to or host hacking or warez we will not support you here. We however cannot control whether you use MyBB or not.
Hi,

We do not offer support or allow forums to be showcased if they contain hacking material, warez or any other illegal content or discussion. This is an ethical policy we have as we do not want to condone these activities, or allow use of the showcase forum to advertise forums with this content.

Feel free to PM me any questions you have regarding this.

Regards,
MyBB Support Team.