MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I have a quick question. I have been using MyBB for about 6 weeks now and up untill 2 days ago, everybody on my Forum was happy. Yesterday and today, a couple of my members are saying the site is loading really slow and they are having trouble posting.

There does not seem to be anything wrong with the speed from my point of view and I don't think has anything to do with the forum.

My bandwidth is 100MB a month, I am currently using 3.88. So I don't know why it should seem slow.

Any ideas? or is this a daft question.

B.
Well that's up to ur server load speed, a problem from the hosting company

regards
Thanks for the responce Zaher. I would of thought it would of been down to the users internet connection that would define their load speed rather than my system.

I am running this on a dedicate server,
Linux
2.8GHz
1 GB RAM
120 GB IDE hard drive
1024 Kbps virtual pipe or 100 GB monthly data transfer allowance.

B.
If it has just come on all of a sudden then it's to do with the server. Usually if it's noticeable lag, then it's suddenly become a problem which means it's probably not MyBB slowing down as more posts are added.

And that machine seems more than capable of running most things Smile. Doesn't seem much bandwidth for a machine that powerful unless you are hosting it yourself/not provider.
decswxaqz Wrote:If it has just come on all of a sudden then it's to do with the server. Usually if it's noticeable lag, then it's suddenly become a problem which means it's probably not MyBB slowing down as more posts are added.

And that machine seems more than capable of running most things Smile. Doesn't seem much bandwidth for a machine that powerful unless you are hosting it yourself/not provider.

Hi decswxaqz, and thanks for taking time out to advise.
The issue only seems to be with 4 people, everybody else is not having a problem with it. For sure I would be looking at my server if all members were have the same experience.

I run one other site on the server and it is small fry in comparison with the traffic/downloads/threads etc on MyBB.

This is why I think it is more of an issue with them, I have just looked and so far there are only 11.89MB of attachments in the system, so I can't pin it on that either.

What do you think?

B.
Have a look at the member's IP addresses and do the "reverse IP". If the IP's host names names are pretty similar, it could be down to their ISP and the ISP's connection, rather than anything to do with your site/server.