MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: site is useless unless...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well prety much i dont know the URL of my site ive set it up i just dont know the url so i cant assign a domain name... please help
You can't set up your forum without a domain name ... :/
How did you manage to set it up in the first place? Since you need to browse to your ./install/ folder to fill in all the necessary items.
Are you talking about redirecting your domain name to the forum url but you don't know the url? Huh
im using xampp and mybb together its all set up its good its just i dont know the url so i can send it to friends.. im very very very lost atm
(2010-07-21, 05:41 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about redirecting your domain name to the forum url but you don't know the url? Huh

yes
You won't be able to share it with friends unless you open a port on your router and then give your friends your IP. MyBB is meant for use on a web host where you can then link it to a domain name.
(2010-07-21, 06:12 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]You won't be able to share it with friends unless you open a port on your router and then give your friends your IP. MyBB is meant for use on a web host where you can then link it to a domain name.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!! so ive jsut been having a test server...
Yes, XAMPP is a localhost server...