MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Senior Mybb GURU needed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys ;

I am hiring a PHP developer. A lot of experience is required in this and a fellow who knows the ins and outs of MYbb source code is best suited for this job.

I want to have someone modify (mostly remove unneeded stuff) databases variables and stuff like that from the source code.

We are getting a startup soon... and I want this done ASAP!!!

P.S: I know PHP but I need someone more experienced with mybb it self.
p.p.s: I've already prepared a document explaining our project, what we need the script to do and so forth.. so you just have to pull that data from mybb and make it work Smile

Drop me a line at ziikutv (AT) gmail.com. Or tell me here how much you'd charge for this.

Best of luck,
Bhargav Patel
Founder Ziiku
What exactly is the project?
There are no unnecessary classes....
I will need to remove some stuff because rather than using MYBB as a forum we will have it as a holder for our site. Kind of like a CMS.

This is easier because all the features we need are already in MYBB! we just want to basically extract thsoe features and put them in pages we made.

Thats it!
Everything we need, is already there.

Job is easy, I can do it myself but I need help to speed things up.
So you basically want to use MyBB, as a type of CMS software instead of just forum software by itself?

You can kinda do that with some of the plugins we have around here. Toungue

Well, good luck to ya.
Since when do you remove stuff to add functionality?
(2010-07-25, 01:36 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]So you basically want to use MyBB, as a type of CMS software instead of just forum software by itself?

Well, good luck to ya.

Yeah thats what we are doing. But somepeople did not understand what I meant.

Anyways, I know the portals here are good, but I want to make them my way using my themes and only stuff that I want to display.

I think I just need to do the samething all those mybb pages do.

BTW, how much is it to remove Mybb branding.
Free, but you loose support.
(2010-07-28, 01:40 AM)ziikutv Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-07-25, 01:36 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]So you basically want to use MyBB, as a type of CMS software instead of just forum software by itself?

Well, good luck to ya.

Yeah thats what we are doing. But somepeople did not understand what I meant.

Anyways, I know the portals here are good, but I want to make them my way using my themes and only stuff that I want to display.

I think I just need to do the samething all those mybb pages do.

BTW, how much is it to remove Mybb branding.

Try my portal tutorial and the proportal plugin, you CAN have it so that you can use MyBB as a CMS. Just gotta try it.

It's relatively easy.

If you use my portal hack, plus the proportal plugin you can use your site like a CMS. All you'd have to do is install other page plugins, such as chat, downloads, etc. Done it once before.

Just don't use SEO friendly URLS, and keep the MyBB copyright intact.

I'll help you set this up if you agree to keep the MyBB copyright. Should you remove it, i'll never help you again.

I'm not official staff here, but they won't even help you if you remove the copyright.